Tuesday, December 9, 2014

hey to all you skinny bitches out there...(and everyone in between)

 Hi!! So sorry I've only been writing one post a week this month! The holiday season is CRAZY at my job. It means I'm working like crazy and basically only go home to sleep! CRAZINESS! I don't mind too much though.. I'm one of those people who would rather be totally busy than do nothing all day and have the hour tick, tick on by. Plus Bonus's make the world go round! lol. Today was the infamous "Victoria Secret Fashion show. Its basically where women are are PAYED to work out, look perfect and quite honestly a lot of them don't eat very well. But the BIG thing it helps perpetuate for women in the USA is a UNREALISTIC body image. There is no way that little five foot three me could ever prance around in my underwear and look long, lean and perfect. It adds on to little girls feelings that there is ONE certain look that they need to achieve to be pretty, and it holds fast to guys high standards of what a women's body should look like. Now I will let you in on some of my not so good times. When I was younger I was PAINFULLY skinny. The type that people would come up and ask me if I had a eating disorder, which isn't nice and does not feel good. I used to have to wear belts all the time because where I was skinny, I also happen to have these obnoxiously (at the time, now I <3 them lol) long legs!


the real problem here is that hair...
 Now I have very thick skin so that never bothered me too much. The thing that used to get to me the most was after we girls hit puberty and started developing was the constant teasing of how "flat chested I was" that I looked like a boy and in my head all that equated to was that I was not good enough. I was not pretty enough and what I had to offer on the inside didn't matter. As women we are constantly judged! I can admit I am no angel and have been judgey to other girls also. Society puts these rules on us: Huge boobs, Slim waist, and of course you have to have a butt. This is a million dollar industry that they are feeding! We need to look the best! But why? Who is to say that having no butt, or no boobs is worse than having ample amounts? We need to be confident in what we have. That being said it took me a long time to feel comfortable in my own skin. I was that awkward skinny girl in high-school who didn't understand how much a good padded bra could help my shape out.  Hips and an ass, short-waisted but tinnyyy boobs is a hard combo to make look proportional. lol I was the girl who NEVER got dressed in front of other girls, let alone take my bra off in front of a guy. I DREAMED of one day boobs just popping up and couldn't wait for this mysterious "growing out of a bra"thing to happen.

Now sometimes my insecurities still do pop up but I'm much happier knowing that we women come in all different shapes and sizes. There is NO PERFECT BODY. The best body is the one you feel confident and sexy in. It does not matter if your skinny, curvy or anything in between YOU ARE BEAUTIFUL and should know it!!!! I'm all for doing anything that makes you feel good, which means who knows one day I might "grow out" of my bras or keep my A's forever. The thing is its YOUR CHOICE. Don't let media, stupid men, or mean girls influence you. ALWAYS REMEMBER:YOU ARE BEAUTIFUL!
xoxo,
a crazy, small chested, booty having, little girl. <3

No comments:

Post a Comment